PMCC’s ASICs offer great value for radiology and spectroscopy devices used in medicine. These devices require high accuracy and precision in acquisition and processing analog signals from X-ray and gamma ray detectors. Spectroscopy is used for a variety of purposes, including disease diagnosis and drug development. It also plays a critical role in areas such as molecular biology, biochemistry, and clinical diagnostics. PMCC also offers a range of customizable IP solutions to develop cutting-edge radiological and spectroscopy devices.
The advantages of using PMCC’s ASICs in radiological and spectroscopy devices are:
- High precision and accuracy. These parameters are critical for accurate acquisition, processing and interpreting of measured parameters relevant to the healthcare related applications referenced above.
- Designed specifically for a particular application based on client specifications, such as high resolution, low noise, faster response time and higher data throughput which ultimately result in better healthcare outcomes.
- Lower power consumption, reduced heat dissipation, and increased reliability (when compared with existing solutions), offer improvement of competitiveness of healthcare products and applications.
- Easy to integrate with other components in the system, leading to a more compact and efficient design for portable or wearable applications where size and weight constraints are critical. This simplifies the design, manufacturing, testing and calibration of medical devices.
- High resolution, is critical to improving diagnosis accuracy, reducing healthcare cost, and improving healthcare outcomes.
- Lower noise and distortion of our ASIC based solutions, compared to off-the-shelf component based systems, provide more accurate diagnoses, improved patient outcomes, and lower healthcare costs.